Journal of Public Policy and Management will be analysed
NOTICE: A basic language should be used. Acedemic language is not necessary.
Journal Analysis (3 double-spaced pages)
This componentwill require a close analysis of a scholarly academic journal in the student’s discipline. The following general questions will guide students’ organization for this part of the assignment. The analysis should address the following questions. At the end of the paper, students should answer the following question: What does this academic journal suggest about the writing conventions and expectations of my field?
Journal Analysis (2~3 double-spaced pages)
To learn more about your discipline, identify a scholarly journal from your field. Using the journal’s website and other information, analyze the following topics:
1) history of the publication and overall purpose the journal serves
2) types of writing (research papers, book reviews, summaries?)
3) types of writers published (experts, scholars, educators?)
4) audience (i.e., who reads it?)
5) structure of each publication (Hint: table of contents)
6) special issues during the year
7) other interesting features (languages, impact factor, etc)
Write a paper summarizing and explaining these findings. Don’t just report what you read on the journal website. Explain what this information suggests about writing/research conventions in your field.
An excellent paper will meet the following criteria, showing that you can:
· Gather information about research/writing conventions in your field
· Identify a scholarly journal in your discipline
· Summarize your findings
· Effectively synthesize information in a logical and ordered way
· Offer reasonable explanations for features of the publication
· Edit your paper for errors in grammar and word usage
This paper will meet all grading criteria and be clear and well written. It need not be perfect but it will be well structured and demonstrate varied information about the chosen academic journal. The paper will adequately describe the overall purpose the journal serves, the types of writing, the audience, the structure of the publication, and more, and reasonably explain what these features suggest about writing in the discipline. There are few errors in grammar or sentence structure.
1. Does your paper clearly identify the scholarly journal, the history, and its overall aims or purpose?
2. Does the paper indicate the types of writing published in this journal?
3. Does the paper indicate the audience and potential contributors?
4. Does the paper state how each journal issue is typically organized? (e.g., does each issue contain a letter from the editor, research articles, etc…?
5. Does the paper comment on any other interesting features (does it publish in other languages? What’s the journal’s impact factor?)
6. Does your paper attempt to analyze/explain what these features suggest about writing in your discipline?
7. Did you copy anything directly from the journal website or another source? If so, make sure you paraphrase or put in direct quotes)
8. Does the paper give bibliographic information for outside sources using appropriate citation conventions?
9. Do you see any wordy parts that could be reduced?
10. Do you see errors in sentence structure or punctuation?
11. Do you see any informal or casual word choices that could be more academic?
101papers.com is always working towards customer satisfaction. Our professional academic writers always aim at producing comprehensive papers that possess quality and originality at pocket-friendly prices. Students are assured that all their private information is safe with us.
101papers.com provides a system where students can request for money-back in case they cancel the order or in the rare instances of dissatisfaction. The refund policy adheres to the company’s term and conditions on money-back.Read more
While providing the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee all our students of plagiarism-free papers. All papers produced by our professional academic writers are checked against all web resources and previously completed papers to avoid plagiarism.Read more
In our urge to provide the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee students of free revision policy. The free revision policy is a courtesy service where students can request for unlimited for their completed papers. We always aim at achieving 100% customer satisfaction rates. The free revision policy is one among many of our major advantages.Read more
At 101papers.com, every student is entitled to total security. Our professional academic writers are always committed to protecting all private information of our customers. We do not share any personal information with third parties. Additionally, we provide safe systems for all online transactions.Read more
Working with us is the greatest step towards achieving all your academic goals. We always deliver the best professional essay writing services as promised. We, therefore, expect all students to work cooperatively with us, as we work towards achieving our goal, your satisfaction. This way, all services will be delivered accurately and on time.Read more