Question: WHAT LESSONS DO THE ANCIENT GREEKS TEACH US ABOUT THE ROLE OF PERSONAL CHARACTER IN A GOOD NATIONAL LEADER?
Create a composite leader who exemplifies the qualities which the Ancient Greeks desired in a good leader. Construct your composite Greek leader by identifying and explaining significant acts by at least five (5) people created by Hesiod, Homer and/or Sophocles which demonstrate how personal character effects the actions and the effectiveness of a good leader. What can we learn from the ancient Greek ideas, which link personal character and leadership success that would help us to more clearly judge the competence of our national leaders?
Pay most attention to how, in the Greek mind, character affects the style, methods and effectiveness of national leaders.
Essay should not be an evaluation of the individual policies of modern leaders regarding specific issues such as war or the economy.
The writing guidelines at the Course Material link and the Pocket Style Manual have instructions and criteria that should be applied in the composition and correction of your work and the work of the student you evaluate. See Course Material among the menu selections on the Course Content page. Click on Selected Course Readings and consult Format for Constructing a Thesis and Considerations for Writing Papers.
Phil, please follow professor’s request below:
WHEN EVALUATING ESSAY CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
1. Where and how well does the paper follow the directions of the assignment?
2. Can you see that the writer understands Greek ideas about leadership, honor and the heroic and can draw parallels from it to the actions of recent national and local leaders?
3. Does the writer use specific examples from class readings in the analysis?
4. Are the examples from class readings adequate support for the writer’s thesis? Why or why not?
5. Are there additional elements in Greek literature that could be used in a better fashion by the author?
6. Has the author used clear examples from the readings to illustrate points? Explain why or why not.
7. Are there other Greek writings that could help to improve the essay?
8. Is the paper well written?
9. Does the paper have a clear thesis?
10. Is the thesis well developed?
11. Does the writer use correct grammar?
12. Is the essay well organized: does it have an introduction and a conclusion? Explain why or why not.
13. Focus the greatest part of your evaluation on points 1 through 3!
Items 1 through 5 above are the criteria that are used by the Professor and the Teaching Assistant to evaluate your final paper
101papers.com is always working towards customer satisfaction. Our professional academic writers always aim at producing comprehensive papers that possess quality and originality at pocket-friendly prices. Students are assured that all their private information is safe with us.
101papers.com provides a system where students can request for money-back in case they cancel the order or in the rare instances of dissatisfaction. The refund policy adheres to the company’s term and conditions on money-back.Read more
While providing the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee all our students of plagiarism-free papers. All papers produced by our professional academic writers are checked against all web resources and previously completed papers to avoid plagiarism.Read more
In our urge to provide the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee students of free revision policy. The free revision policy is a courtesy service where students can request for unlimited for their completed papers. We always aim at achieving 100% customer satisfaction rates. The free revision policy is one among many of our major advantages.Read more
At 101papers.com, every student is entitled to total security. Our professional academic writers are always committed to protecting all private information of our customers. We do not share any personal information with third parties. Additionally, we provide safe systems for all online transactions.Read more
Working with us is the greatest step towards achieving all your academic goals. We always deliver the best professional essay writing services as promised. We, therefore, expect all students to work cooperatively with us, as we work towards achieving our goal, your satisfaction. This way, all services will be delivered accurately and on time.Read more