Words limit: 2,000 words
Purpose of assessment
in this assignment we want you to use a case study to examine old-fashioned or modern prejudice. To do this your essay should include one example of prejudice that you have sourced from New Zealand or Australian textual media. This may be a newspaper or magazine article (online ok) or advertisement, but not a video. You should then explain how stereotyping, prejudice and discrimination may be operating. We want you to examine something that you are very interested in. For this reason you may investigate any topic that demonstrates prejudice. This may include prejudice related to race, ethnicity, gender, age, able-bodiedness, sexual orientation, age, and /or religious group membership.
Specifically your case study will:
· Explain how the case study you have chose is an example of old-fashioned or modern prejudice
· Discuss your case study in terms of how stereotype, prejudice and discrimination may be operating
· Indicate how you would plan an intervention program in the community to combat such discrimination.
1. Title:provide a descriptive and appropriate title for your work.
2. Introduce your case study and its focus:
· Define old fashioned or modern prejudice and why this is an important area study
· provide a roadmap to your case study (what it will contain).
3. Provide background information on your case study
· Provide a summary of your real life case study including the source and date it was published and what the item was about
· Append your example to your case study (last page)
4. Explain where and how stereotypes, prejudice and discrimination may be operating (one paragraph each)This is the main part that you need to spend your words on:
· Stereotypes: what generalizations (or mental schemas) might your example be demonstrating about a group or groups of people?
· Prejudice: how might your example demonstrate hostile or negative feeling toward a distinguishable group of people, based solely on their membership in that group?
· Discrimination: how might your example demonstrate or lead to actions (or behaviour) towards one group of people purely based on their group membership?
5. Develop an intervention plan (briefly)
· Indicate how you would plan an intervention program in the community to combat such discrimination (e.g., online, in person, in schools?).
6. Write a conclusion
· Provide a concluding section that summarizes the findings from your case study
· Provide suggestions for directions for future research
101papers.com is always working towards customer satisfaction. Our professional academic writers always aim at producing comprehensive papers that possess quality and originality at pocket-friendly prices. Students are assured that all their private information is safe with us.
101papers.com provides a system where students can request for money-back in case they cancel the order or in the rare instances of dissatisfaction. The refund policy adheres to the company’s term and conditions on money-back.Read more
While providing the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee all our students of plagiarism-free papers. All papers produced by our professional academic writers are checked against all web resources and previously completed papers to avoid plagiarism.Read more
In our urge to provide the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee students of free revision policy. The free revision policy is a courtesy service where students can request for unlimited for their completed papers. We always aim at achieving 100% customer satisfaction rates. The free revision policy is one among many of our major advantages.Read more
At 101papers.com, every student is entitled to total security. Our professional academic writers are always committed to protecting all private information of our customers. We do not share any personal information with third parties. Additionally, we provide safe systems for all online transactions.Read more
Working with us is the greatest step towards achieving all your academic goals. We always deliver the best professional essay writing services as promised. We, therefore, expect all students to work cooperatively with us, as we work towards achieving our goal, your satisfaction. This way, all services will be delivered accurately and on time.Read more