The text identifies three principal components that jointly comprise the cash conversion cycle. The cash conversion cycle is defined as the average length of time a dollar is tied up in current assets, and it is determined by the interaction between the production cycle (also called Days of Sales in Inventory), receivables collection period (also called Number of Days of Credit, Collection cycle, or Days of Sales Outstanding), and the accounts payable cycle (also called Days of Payable Outstanding). Ideally, a company wants to minimize the cash conversion cycle as much as possible. In some circumstances, a firm has a comparative advantage in working capital management because of the nature of its business. We will look at the cash conversion cycles of companies and their implications.
In your initial response to the topic you have to answer all 6 questions.
You are expected to make your own contribution in a main topic as well as respond with value added comments to at least two of your classmates as well as to your instructor.
1. Go to http://finance.yahoo.com and get a quote for one company of your choice. On the left column, scroll down and select “Income Statement.” Write down the annual sales, cost of goods sold, and depreciation expense for the most recent year. For some companies depreciation expense can be found in Cash Flow statement.
2. Select the firm’s Balance Sheet. Write down the balances shown for the firm’s inventories, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
3. Using the information from parts a and b, calculate its inventory turnover, accounts receivable turnover, and accounts payable turnover. You should show your work!
4. Calculate production cycle (also called Days of Sales in Inventory), collection cycle (also called Number of Days of Credit or Days of Sales Outstanding), and accounts payable cycle (also called Days of Payable Outstanding). You should show your work!
5. What is the company’s cash conversion cycle? You should show your work! Please note that there is a typo in the textbook. The correct formula is:CCC = DSI + DSO – DPO
6. Discuss the results that you receive in one paragraph. Should the company decrease cash conversion cycle? Please explain your answer.
101papers.com is always working towards customer satisfaction. Our professional academic writers always aim at producing comprehensive papers that possess quality and originality at pocket-friendly prices. Students are assured that all their private information is safe with us.
101papers.com provides a system where students can request for money-back in case they cancel the order or in the rare instances of dissatisfaction. The refund policy adheres to the company’s term and conditions on money-back.Read more
While providing the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee all our students of plagiarism-free papers. All papers produced by our professional academic writers are checked against all web resources and previously completed papers to avoid plagiarism.Read more
In our urge to provide the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee students of free revision policy. The free revision policy is a courtesy service where students can request for unlimited for their completed papers. We always aim at achieving 100% customer satisfaction rates. The free revision policy is one among many of our major advantages.Read more
At 101papers.com, every student is entitled to total security. Our professional academic writers are always committed to protecting all private information of our customers. We do not share any personal information with third parties. Additionally, we provide safe systems for all online transactions.Read more
Working with us is the greatest step towards achieving all your academic goals. We always deliver the best professional essay writing services as promised. We, therefore, expect all students to work cooperatively with us, as we work towards achieving our goal, your satisfaction. This way, all services will be delivered accurately and on time.Read more