Description of Task
• This is an individual task so students should commence the planning and drafting process as soon as possible.
No extensions will be given as the hand in date is in the week before the examination period.
• 1500-2000 word essay based on one of the topics using theory, models, concepts relevant to the topic and at least four references (texts; journal articles; management articles) in addition to the VU Collaborate resources.
• The Harvard referencing system must be used for both in-text citations and reference list
• The essay must have:
– An introduction
– A well organised body with in-text referencing
– A conclusion that brings together all the main points in the body of the essay
– A case study or organisation that you can refer to, from the introduction to the conclusion, to provide examples for your discussion of the management concepts, terms and models in your answer.
– Font Times New Roman, font size 12.
• A model has been provided to give you direction for the requirements above. Please use it to sketch out a plan for your essay. Send the draft to your teacher for comments before you proceed.
Research Essay topics:
1. Define motivation and outline the basic model of motivation. Describe the main needs and expectations managers have to take note of in order to motivate their employees to achieve company goals. In your answer outline:
a. The basic model of motivation
b. Three motivation theories one for each of the three areas – needs, cognitive activities, reward/reinforcement- highlighting strengths and weakness of each
c. Use work-based examples to support discussion of the theories of motivation beginning to end.
2. Describe the control process. Identify the major challenges that control systems in an organisation allow managers to avoid or minimise.
a. Describe the basic control process
b. Discuss the major challenges that managers face in organisations
c. The methods managers use to minimise or avoid the risk of problems occurring
d. Refer to an organisation you are familiar with to provide examples for your discussion throughout the research essay, beginning to end.
3. Why is ethical decision making an important component of managerial decision making and how can managers ensure that the decisions they make are ethical?
a. Analyse the factors involved in ethical decision making
b. Discuss the steps that managers can take to ensure ethical decision making
c. Use an organisation that you are familiar with to provide examples for your discussion throughout the research essay, beginning to end.
4. Identify the four leadership styles of path-goal theory. Explain when and how each style can be appropriately used in an organisation.
a. Explain the four path-goal leadership styles
b. Discuss how each style can be appropriately applied in an organisation
Use an organisation that you are familiar with to provide examples for your discussion throughout the essay.
5. To be a true innovation, a product, service, or company has to have three essential elements, it has to be unique, it has to be valuable and it has to be worthy of exchange. What are the four levels of innovation and how can innovation be used as a multilevel construct, in all areas of a company.
a) Explain the four levels of innovation
b) Describe how each can be used to in different areas of the company
c) Use an organisation that you are familiar with to provide examples for your discussion throughout the research essay, beginning to end.
101papers.com is always working towards customer satisfaction. Our professional academic writers always aim at producing comprehensive papers that possess quality and originality at pocket-friendly prices. Students are assured that all their private information is safe with us.
101papers.com provides a system where students can request for money-back in case they cancel the order or in the rare instances of dissatisfaction. The refund policy adheres to the company’s term and conditions on money-back.Read more
While providing the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee all our students of plagiarism-free papers. All papers produced by our professional academic writers are checked against all web resources and previously completed papers to avoid plagiarism.Read more
In our urge to provide the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee students of free revision policy. The free revision policy is a courtesy service where students can request for unlimited for their completed papers. We always aim at achieving 100% customer satisfaction rates. The free revision policy is one among many of our major advantages.Read more
At 101papers.com, every student is entitled to total security. Our professional academic writers are always committed to protecting all private information of our customers. We do not share any personal information with third parties. Additionally, we provide safe systems for all online transactions.Read more
Working with us is the greatest step towards achieving all your academic goals. We always deliver the best professional essay writing services as promised. We, therefore, expect all students to work cooperatively with us, as we work towards achieving our goal, your satisfaction. This way, all services will be delivered accurately and on time.Read more