Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapters 9 and 10 in your course textbook and watch the Nutrition and Eating Disorders video.
In this discussion,
· Choose one eating disorder that you read about in your textbook and check the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) for current terminology and diagnostic criteria; or, you may choose to discuss any one of the currently recognized eating disorders from the DSM-5.
o Your initial posting should analyze the neurobiology of the disorder, including information on neurotransmitters/receptors and neurotransmitter systems, brain structures, nervous system pathways, and genetic, familial, lifestyle, and environmental factors.
· Discuss the impact of the eating disorder on the individual, as well as the rationale for available treatment options available for that disorder and their success or failure.
o Include treatments that are based on psychological, medical, pharmacological (drug), and other available interventions.
· Also in your discussion, imagine you are in a career position that utilizes a degree in psychology. These may include but are not limited to careers such as a social worker, teacher or teacher’s aide, child care worker, psychiatric technician or other behavioral health staff, peer support specialist, social service specialist, probation or parole officer, case manager, human resources professional, or counselor.
o How would your knowledge of the neurobiology of eating disorders help you in your professional life?
o How would this knowledge help you better assist your clients, students, or patients?
o For instance, think of how this knowledge would help reduce the stigma associated with this disorder, or how this might reinforce the need for compliance with recommended treatment.
You must use a minimum of one peer-reviewed and/or scholarly source that was published within the last five years, documented in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Your post should be a minimum of 250 words. You may cite and reference your textbook, required or recommended reading, /or multimedia, but these will not fulfill the source requirement.
· Make sure to use terminology from the DSM-5 for psychological/behavioral health conditions and current terminology from professional sources for neurological conditions. Please be sure to access the DSM-5 directly in our library. For further information view The DSM-5: Accessing and Using the DSM-5 in the Ashford University Library (Links to an external site.) screencast on how to access and use this resource, and how to cite and reference the DSM-5.
Guided Response: Respond substantively to a minimum of two of your classmate’s original posts, preferably those who discussed a different disorder than you. Address the disorder, neurotransmitter/receptor systems and/or neuroanatomical structures involved in the disorder, and the research analysis of your classmate. In addition, please observe the following guidelines for all responses:
· Provide a courteous and interactive learning environment.
· Continue to monitor the discussion board throughout the active learning week and reply to anyone (instructor or classmate) who has chosen to respond to your original post.
· Your responses should address (at minimum) the disorder, neurotransmitter/receptor systems and/or neuroanatomical structures involved in the disorder, care interventions, and the research analysis of your classmate.
· Each response should demonstrate that you have read the existing replies on the board (in your response, mention information and viewpoints already expressed by existing responses to the same post).
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more