A sample of the following
Using Figure 1.2 in Ch. 1 of Exploring Research, create a flowchart using Microsoft® Word or a similar program that helps you identify what research design to use for your research question.
Write a 500- to 750-word summary of the ethical issues that affect your selected research question and methodology, including the following:
Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word research proposal including the following:
Ground students must complete a poster to present. Online students must complete an 8- to 10-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation. Both modalities must include the following:
Answer the following multiple choice questions by highlighting the answer. There is one correct answer per question.
1. Which historical perspective stated that psychologists should study the different components of the mind independently, because to understand how the conscious mind works, we must understand all of its individual parts completely?
2. Edward Titchener used a method for studying the mind that became popular during the Structuralist period. The method, called _____, required trained participants to report their conscious mental experiences to the investigator. For example, if a person was angry, they would report all of their experiences during the time they were angry.
3. A potential problem with ___________ research is _____________.
a. longitudinal; cohort differences
b. cross-sectional; subject attrition
c. cross-sectional; cohort differences
d. longitudinal; random assignment
e. cross-sectional; maturation
4. Research by _____________ legitimized psychological science when it became the first psychological research presented as evidence to the United States Supreme Court.
a. Muzafer Sherif
b. Irving Janis
c. Mamie Clark
d. Phillip Zimbardo
e. Kurt Lewin
5. To determine whether changing one variable like education will produce changes in another like income, we must conduct _____________________ research.
6. Mary is studying the effect of high blood sugar on intelligence test performance. Which of these might be her hypothesis?
a. People should not eat high sugar foods prior to IQ testing.
b. High sugar foods increase energy and improve IQ test performance.
c. People who eat high sugar foods before testing will have lower scores on an IQ test than people who do not.
d. Roughly 75% of people had lower IQ test scores after eating high sugar snacks right before testing.
e. Individuals should not be given high sugar snacks prior to IQ testing.
7. Which of the following research methods would be most effective in demonstrating whether the presence of others improves our performance of a task?
a. An experiment
b. A correlational study
c. A survey
d. A field study
e. An historical study
8. Which of the following psychological studies would you expect to have similar results cross-culturally?
a. Milgram’s study of obedience to authority
b. Asch’s conformity study
c. Study of the symptoms of mental illness
d. Study of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs
e. Study of parenting styles
9. According to the APA Ethical Standards, psychologists must inform participants of the nature of the research; and that they are free to participate, decline to participate, or withdraw from the research at any time. These requirements, among others, are necessary to ensure the participants’ ______.
b. risk level
c. informed consent
e. risk/benefit ratio
10. Making an ethical decision involves
a. simply applying a clear and definitive set of guidelines for ethical research
b. deciding that an ethical decision is effective if it makes you happy
c. identifying what ethical guidelines are relevant in a situation and what is at stake for all parties involved
d. maintaining the anonymity of the researchers
e. maintaining the anonymity of the participants
11. According to the APA Ethical Standards, who is ultimately responsible for the ethical conduct of research done in psychology?
a. The Institutional Review Board
b. The individual researchers
c. The sponsoring institution, such as the university
d. The assistants who test the participants
e. The funding agency
101papers.com is always working towards customer satisfaction. Our professional academic writers always aim at producing comprehensive papers that possess quality and originality at pocket-friendly prices. Students are assured that all their private information is safe with us.
101papers.com provides a system where students can request for money-back in case they cancel the order or in the rare instances of dissatisfaction. The refund policy adheres to the company’s term and conditions on money-back.Read more
While providing the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee all our students of plagiarism-free papers. All papers produced by our professional academic writers are checked against all web resources and previously completed papers to avoid plagiarism.Read more
In our urge to provide the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee students of free revision policy. The free revision policy is a courtesy service where students can request for unlimited for their completed papers. We always aim at achieving 100% customer satisfaction rates. The free revision policy is one among many of our major advantages.Read more
At 101papers.com, every student is entitled to total security. Our professional academic writers are always committed to protecting all private information of our customers. We do not share any personal information with third parties. Additionally, we provide safe systems for all online transactions.Read more
Working with us is the greatest step towards achieving all your academic goals. We always deliver the best professional essay writing services as promised. We, therefore, expect all students to work cooperatively with us, as we work towards achieving our goal, your satisfaction. This way, all services will be delivered accurately and on time.Read more