: – Week 1 – Discussion 1
For this discussion, you are not required to make an initial post. However, if you see there are few initial posts, you are encouraged to begin a discussion thread. You must post to this discussion on at least four separate days of the week and your posts must total at least 600 words. Reference the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
Please read the instructions below for information on how to participate in this discussion. Please make sure to read the instructions thoroughly as not all Discussion Questions will have the same guidelines.
For a list of resources that are specific to this assignment, please utilize the “Resources Tab” located below.
If you feel that you need help with any of the main topics below, please revisit the Practice Activities located in the Weekly Overview.
Read/view “Plato’s Allegory of the Cave, ”
<a href=”http://corp.kaltura.com/products/video-platform-features”>Video Platform</a><a href=”http://corp.kaltura.com/Products/Features/Video-Management”>Video Management</a><a href=”http://corp.kaltura.com/Video-Solutions”>Video Solutions</a><a href=”http://corp.kaltura.com/Products/Features/Video-Player”>Video Player</a>
the Stephen Brookfield Critical Thinking video, and This is Water by David Foster Wallace video. Ask yourself, “Is there a difference between my perception of reality and reality itself?” Respond to this question while considering the following:
• What preconceptions do I have in my life that might distort my vision of reality (i.e., create cognitive biases)? To help guide your thinking, consider how Dr. Stephen Brookfield’s preconceptions distorted his vision of reality in theStephen Brookfield Critical Thinking video or think about the situation of the prisoners in the cave or Wallace’s analysis of the supermarket.
• What are steps I can take to overcome my distorted vision so that I might learn to understand more about the world?
• Who has enhanced my knowledge of reality?
• Who has manipulated my mind in relation to reality?
• How can I break free from the bonds of those who seek to manipulate me?
You must post to this discussion on at least four separate days of the week and your posts must total at least 600 words as you address the questions noted above. Your first post must be completed by Day 3 (Thursday) and the remainder of your posts must be completed by Day 7 (Monday). You must answer all aspects of the prompt at some point during the week. Also, be sure to reply to your classmates and instructor. Try to attempt to take the conversation further by examining their claims or arguments in more depth or responding to the posts that they make to you. Keep the discussion on target and try to analyze things in as much detail as you can.
Guided Response: Review your classmates’ posts. Reply to your classmates by offering suggestions for how they can overcome a distorted vision of the world and be confident in their understanding of reality.
The Ashford Writing Center (AWC) has two kinds of tutoring available to you.
• Live Chat – If you have writing-related questions about a topic before you draft a discussion post or submit a written assignment, you will now be able to chat live with a tutor for a short (up to 20 minute) conversation. Live Chat will be available Monday through Friday from 10:00-11:00 am and 4:00-5:00 pm (PST). AWC Live Chat
• Email Paper Review – If you have a draft, partial draft, or even if you’re having trouble getting started, you can complete a submission form and email your paper to the AWC for review.
101papers.com is always working towards customer satisfaction. Our professional academic writers always aim at producing comprehensive papers that possess quality and originality at pocket-friendly prices. Students are assured that all their private information is safe with us.
101papers.com provides a system where students can request for money-back in case they cancel the order or in the rare instances of dissatisfaction. The refund policy adheres to the company’s term and conditions on money-back.Read more
While providing the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee all our students of plagiarism-free papers. All papers produced by our professional academic writers are checked against all web resources and previously completed papers to avoid plagiarism.Read more
In our urge to provide the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee students of free revision policy. The free revision policy is a courtesy service where students can request for unlimited for their completed papers. We always aim at achieving 100% customer satisfaction rates. The free revision policy is one among many of our major advantages.Read more
At 101papers.com, every student is entitled to total security. Our professional academic writers are always committed to protecting all private information of our customers. We do not share any personal information with third parties. Additionally, we provide safe systems for all online transactions.Read more
Working with us is the greatest step towards achieving all your academic goals. We always deliver the best professional essay writing services as promised. We, therefore, expect all students to work cooperatively with us, as we work towards achieving our goal, your satisfaction. This way, all services will be delivered accurately and on time.Read more