MHA 5101 Unit VIII Course Project
The course project provides you with an opportunity to choose one medical law or medical ethics issue of special interest and to study that issue at a deeper level for further understanding and application. This five to seven page (double-spaced) paper must critically analyze the issues related to the selected topic, with the textbook, web resources, and professional journal articles (which may also be found online) being utilized to complete the project. Please be sure to cite all references using APA format to avoid plagiarism. The paper must be submitted in APA format. Please contact the Student Success Center for complimentary assistance with APA formatting and writing tutoring.
In your Course Project, be sure to include:
· Description of your selected issue
· Discussion of how the issue impacts healthcare professionals and healthcare organizations
· Impact of your selected issue on patients and families
· Critical analysis of the issue, including at least one specific case example
· Significance of the issue to the practice of healthcare administration
· Recommendations for approaches to deal with the issue
Possible Course Project Issues:
· Medicare-funded organ transplants
· Medicaid-funded organ transplants
· Death with Dignity Act of Oregon
· Genetic engineering
· Institutional review boards and medical research
· Hospital ethics committees – roles and responsibilities
· Medical staff credentialing
· Disruptive physicians
· Living wills
· Durable power of attorney for healthcare
· Ethics of managed care
· Legal aspects of managed care
· Universal healthcare – Is it right for America?
· Cost-shifting in healthcare
· The Joint Commission – role in healthcare
· The Joint Commission – alternatives
· Patient safety in healthcare
· Complementary and alternative healthcare – ethical issues
· Complementary and alternative healthcare – legal issues
· Nursing practice – ethical issues
· Nursing practice – legal issues
· Allied health practice – ethical issues
· Allied health practice – legal issues
· Medical practice – ethical issues
· Medical practice – legal issues
· New reproductive technology – ethical issues
· New reproductive technology – legal issues
· Landmark cases – Select any one landmark case in healthcare law and present your own summary of the facts, issue, finding and reason. Critically analyze the case, and explain your agreement or disagreement with the court’s finding.
· Other topics – The course project can certainly be completed on another issue not listed above. If you are selecting a topic which is not listed above, please obtain approval from your professor before beginning your work.
The Course Project is worth 100 points and is due by the end of Unit VIII.
101papers.com is always working towards customer satisfaction. Our professional academic writers always aim at producing comprehensive papers that possess quality and originality at pocket-friendly prices. Students are assured that all their private information is safe with us.
101papers.com provides a system where students can request for money-back in case they cancel the order or in the rare instances of dissatisfaction. The refund policy adheres to the company’s term and conditions on money-back.Read more
While providing the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee all our students of plagiarism-free papers. All papers produced by our professional academic writers are checked against all web resources and previously completed papers to avoid plagiarism.Read more
In our urge to provide the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee students of free revision policy. The free revision policy is a courtesy service where students can request for unlimited for their completed papers. We always aim at achieving 100% customer satisfaction rates. The free revision policy is one among many of our major advantages.Read more
At 101papers.com, every student is entitled to total security. Our professional academic writers are always committed to protecting all private information of our customers. We do not share any personal information with third parties. Additionally, we provide safe systems for all online transactions.Read more
Working with us is the greatest step towards achieving all your academic goals. We always deliver the best professional essay writing services as promised. We, therefore, expect all students to work cooperatively with us, as we work towards achieving our goal, your satisfaction. This way, all services will be delivered accurately and on time.Read more