Week 6 – Final Assignment
Integrative Literature Review
The primary goal of this literature review is to integrate concepts from four different content domains within the larger field of psychology. The four content domains should be chosen from previous coursework in this program. In this paper, students will review the findings in the individual empirical articles, organize the research in a meaningful way, evaluate the reliability, validity, and generalizability of the research findings, and present an integrated synthesis of the research that sheds new light on the topics within and across the four domains.
The result of a successful integrative literature review may be a significant contribution to a particular body of knowledge and, consequently, to research and practice. Therefore, before writing this literature review, substantive new research must be conducted via the Internet and within the Ashford University Library for each of the four chosen domains. A minimum of six sources must be included for each of the four domains. Although content from literature reviews completed in prior courses within this program may be included, it may not constitute the total research for the individual domains addressed within this assignment. No more than four sources from previous literature reviews completed in this program may be utilized for this integrative review.
The headings listed below must be used within the paper to delineate the sections of content. These sections include the following: a clear introduction that provides a general review and organizes the research in a meaningful way; a discussion in which the evidence is presented through analysis, critique, and synthesis; and a conclusion in which the discussion is drawn together in a meaningful way, the claims of the introduction are brought to a logical closure, and new research is proposed.
· Provide a conceptual framework for the review.
· Describe how the review will be organized. The questions below may be used to guide this section.
o What are the guiding theories within the domains?
o How are the domains connected?
o Are there competing points of view across the domains?
o Why is the integration of these domains important?
o What is the history of these domains?
o What are the related theories or findings?
· Describe how the literature was identified, analyzed, and synthesized.
· How and why was the literature chosen?
· What is your claim or thesis statement?
· Provide the analysis, critique, and synthesis for the review.
· Examine the main ideas and relationships presented in the literature across the four domains.
· Integrate concepts from the four different content domains within the larger field of psychology.
· What claim(s) can be made in the introduction?
· What evidence supports the claim(s) made in the introduction?
· Evaluate the reliability, validity, and generalizability of the chosen research findings.
· How well does the literature represent the issues across the four domains?
· Identify the strengths and the key contributions of the literature.
· What, if any, deficiencies exist within the literature?
· Have the authors omitted any key points and/or arguments?
· What, if any, inaccuracies have been identified in the literature?
· What evidence runs contrary to the claims proposed in the introduction, and how might these be reconciled with the claims presented?
· Explain how the APA’s Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct might influence the reliability and/or generalizability of the chosen findings.
· Did the ethical issues influence the outcomes of the research?
· Were ethical considerations different across the domains?
· Integrate existing ideas with new ideas to create new knowledge and new perspectives.
· Describe the research that has previously been done across these domains, as well as any controversies or alternate opinions that currently exist.
· Relate the evidence presented to the major conclusions being made.
· Construct clear and concise arguments using evidence-based psychological concepts and theories to posit new relationships and perspectives on the topics within the domains.
· Provide a conclusion and present potential future considerations.
· State your final conclusion(s).
· Synthesize the findings described in the discussion into a succinct summary.
· What questions remain?
· What are the possible implications of your argument for existing theories and for everyday life?
· Are there novel theories and/or testable hypothesizes for future research?
· What do the overarching implications of the studies show?
· Where should the research go from this point to further the understanding of these domains and the greater study of psychology?
Attention Students: The Masters of Arts in Psychology program is utilizing the Pathbrite portfolio tool as a repository for student scholarly work in the form of signature assignments completed within the program. After receiving feedback for this Integrative Literature Review, please implement any changes recommended by the instructor, go to Pathbrite (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. and upload the revised Integrative Literature Review to the portfolio. (Use the Pathbrite Quick-Start Guide (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. to create an account if you do not already have one.) The upload of signature assignments will take place after completing each course. Be certain to upload revised signature assignments throughout the program as the portfolio and its contents will be used in other courses and may be used by individual students as a professional resource tool. See the Pathbrite (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. website for information and further instructions on using this portfolio tool.
The Integrative Literature Review
· Must be 20 to 30 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
· Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
· Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
· Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
· Must use at least 24 peer-reviewed sources, including a minimum of 20 from the Ashford University Library.
· Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
· Must include a separate reference list that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
101papers.com is always working towards customer satisfaction. Our professional academic writers always aim at producing comprehensive papers that possess quality and originality at pocket-friendly prices. Students are assured that all their private information is safe with us.
101papers.com provides a system where students can request for money-back in case they cancel the order or in the rare instances of dissatisfaction. The refund policy adheres to the company’s term and conditions on money-back.Read more
While providing the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee all our students of plagiarism-free papers. All papers produced by our professional academic writers are checked against all web resources and previously completed papers to avoid plagiarism.Read more
In our urge to provide the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee students of free revision policy. The free revision policy is a courtesy service where students can request for unlimited for their completed papers. We always aim at achieving 100% customer satisfaction rates. The free revision policy is one among many of our major advantages.Read more
At 101papers.com, every student is entitled to total security. Our professional academic writers are always committed to protecting all private information of our customers. We do not share any personal information with third parties. Additionally, we provide safe systems for all online transactions.Read more
Working with us is the greatest step towards achieving all your academic goals. We always deliver the best professional essay writing services as promised. We, therefore, expect all students to work cooperatively with us, as we work towards achieving our goal, your satisfaction. This way, all services will be delivered accurately and on time.Read more