Library Information studies- Research evaluation (subject)-Evaluating research for practice
Read the following research articles:
Burke, S. (2008). Public library resources used by immigrant households. Public Libraries, 47(4), 32-41.
Shoham, S. & Strauss, S.K. (2008). Immigrants’ information needs: Their role in the absorption process. Information Research, 13(4), 14-14. Available online in an open access journal from http://informationr.net/ir/13-4/paper359.html
• Report on what kind of research each of the two articles presents.
• Evaluate how well the research has been conducted according to the method and approach of the research.
• Assess how useful each of the research articles is for practical decision-making in information organisations that service immigrant populations.
The emphasis is on understanding and evaluating what type of research is presented in the article and how much can be learned from the research in the article that would be of practical use to a library trying to understand the information needs of immigrants. The emphasis is not on how much you know about the subject of the articles.
• Use the evaluation checklist provided in Interact Resources to assess the completeness and quality of the two articles.
• Using your filled-out evaluation checklists, the information presented in the modules, and your own analyses, provide a detailed commentary on each of these articles.
• Discuss and evaluate the research methods and techniques, referring to the literature on research methods.
• Evaluate how these two articles might assist an information professional in their practice and decision-making.
101papers.com is always working towards customer satisfaction. Our professional academic writers always aim at producing comprehensive papers that possess quality and originality at pocket-friendly prices. Students are assured that all their private information is safe with us.
101papers.com provides a system where students can request for money-back in case they cancel the order or in the rare instances of dissatisfaction. The refund policy adheres to the company’s term and conditions on money-back.Read more
While providing the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee all our students of plagiarism-free papers. All papers produced by our professional academic writers are checked against all web resources and previously completed papers to avoid plagiarism.Read more
In our urge to provide the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee students of free revision policy. The free revision policy is a courtesy service where students can request for unlimited for their completed papers. We always aim at achieving 100% customer satisfaction rates. The free revision policy is one among many of our major advantages.Read more
At 101papers.com, every student is entitled to total security. Our professional academic writers are always committed to protecting all private information of our customers. We do not share any personal information with third parties. Additionally, we provide safe systems for all online transactions.Read more
Working with us is the greatest step towards achieving all your academic goals. We always deliver the best professional essay writing services as promised. We, therefore, expect all students to work cooperatively with us, as we work towards achieving our goal, your satisfaction. This way, all services will be delivered accurately and on time.Read more