You receive the following letter from a former friend:
I find myself in quite a predicament due to my own misfortune and bad judgment. My 6-year-old son and I were recently left homeless after I was laid off from my job and my house was taken by the bank.
I enrolled my son in a nearby elementary school when school started in the fall. I used the address where I lived last, because I don’t have a current address. The school district discovered that I wasn’t living at that address and charged me with fraud. I was arrested yesterday and haven’t yet been to court. My son was placed in the care of protective services.
I just want to get out of jail as soon as possible to reunite with my son. I have some questions, and I was hoping you could do some research to find the answers for me.
· The police never read me my Miranda warnings. Will my case be dismissed as a result?
· The police also haven’t questioned me yet. Should I agree to talk to them, if asked?
· Is this considered a state or federal offense?
· Will this be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony?
· Do you think I really need an attorney? After all, I am guilty, and I can’t afford one.
· I also don’t have any money for bail. Are there any options that would allow me to be released from custody prior to trial and that would not require money?
· How do I get to see the police reports?
· What is the difference between the grand jury hearing and a preliminary hearing? Which would be better in my case?
· Do you think that I should just plead guilty so I can get this over with and reunite with my son? Why or why not?
· Who decides if I’m guilty: the prosecutor, judge, or jury?
· What happens if I am found guilty? What type of sentence do you think I’ll receive? Why do you think I’ll receive that sentence?
· What are my options if I don’t agree with the verdict or the sentence?
Write a1,050-word letter to your friend answering your friend’s questions.
Cite and reference the assigned text and at least one other scholarly and reliable source in your letter. Do not use dictionaries or encyclopedias as source material for this assignment.
Format your letter consistent with APA guidelines. The use of first person (I, we) and second person (you) is appropriate for this assignment.
101papers.com is always working towards customer satisfaction. Our professional academic writers always aim at producing comprehensive papers that possess quality and originality at pocket-friendly prices. Students are assured that all their private information is safe with us.
101papers.com provides a system where students can request for money-back in case they cancel the order or in the rare instances of dissatisfaction. The refund policy adheres to the company’s term and conditions on money-back.Read more
While providing the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee all our students of plagiarism-free papers. All papers produced by our professional academic writers are checked against all web resources and previously completed papers to avoid plagiarism.Read more
In our urge to provide the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee students of free revision policy. The free revision policy is a courtesy service where students can request for unlimited for their completed papers. We always aim at achieving 100% customer satisfaction rates. The free revision policy is one among many of our major advantages.Read more
At 101papers.com, every student is entitled to total security. Our professional academic writers are always committed to protecting all private information of our customers. We do not share any personal information with third parties. Additionally, we provide safe systems for all online transactions.Read more
Working with us is the greatest step towards achieving all your academic goals. We always deliver the best professional essay writing services as promised. We, therefore, expect all students to work cooperatively with us, as we work towards achieving our goal, your satisfaction. This way, all services will be delivered accurately and on time.Read more