The following essential questions that I have posted are critical to help you explore and understand the assigned readings L & S Ch. 1 and W Ch.1 during Week 2. These questions are intended to drive and stimulate the discussion and move your understanding beyond the plain sense of the text. Reading my PPT and watching the posted videos will guide you to answer these questions.
Please select 2 questions (one question from L&S Ch. 1 and another one from W Ch.1) out of these posted essential questions, answer them and post your responses in the Week 2 discussion forum (50 words for each question minimum). Please write your answers in your own words!!
Be posted in the time allotted;
The following questions are based on L&S Ch.1:
1) Based on L& S, Ch.1, what are some of the leading theories/perspectives about how we acquire first language, and how do these theories/perspectives differ from one another? (You are not required to list all of the theories/perspective; You may choose two of them to make the comparison. You are encouraged to cover more than two theories.
2) What are subtractive bilingualism and additive bilingualism? In your perspective, what are the advantages and disadvantages of subtractive bilingualism and additive bilingualism? How can you relate any of them to your current/future teaching practice?
The following questions are based on W Ch.1:
3) What are major methods about language teaching, and how do these teaching methods differ from one another? You are not required to list all of the teaching methods; You may choose two of them you are interested in to make the comparison. You are encouraged to cover more than two teaching methods.
4) What are the tenets of communicative language teaching (CLT)? What teaching methods or instructional activities that you know of are a reflection of the tenets of CLT?
5) What is input enhancement? How can you view the input enhancement in language teaching? What example can you give regarding using input enhancement in English language classroom? Do you think input enhancement is a trending approach in the current English language teaching field? Why do you think so? Please justify your answer.
these videos illustrate the information presented in L& S Chapter 1 very well.
First Language Acquisition Theories Video Related to L&S Ch.1
Language Teaching Methods Video Series Related to W Ch1
I want to mention that W ch1 because I didn’t receive the book yet so the PPT include some key concept
101papers.com is always working towards customer satisfaction. Our professional academic writers always aim at producing comprehensive papers that possess quality and originality at pocket-friendly prices. Students are assured that all their private information is safe with us.
101papers.com provides a system where students can request for money-back in case they cancel the order or in the rare instances of dissatisfaction. The refund policy adheres to the company’s term and conditions on money-back.Read more
While providing the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee all our students of plagiarism-free papers. All papers produced by our professional academic writers are checked against all web resources and previously completed papers to avoid plagiarism.Read more
In our urge to provide the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee students of free revision policy. The free revision policy is a courtesy service where students can request for unlimited for their completed papers. We always aim at achieving 100% customer satisfaction rates. The free revision policy is one among many of our major advantages.Read more
At 101papers.com, every student is entitled to total security. Our professional academic writers are always committed to protecting all private information of our customers. We do not share any personal information with third parties. Additionally, we provide safe systems for all online transactions.Read more
Working with us is the greatest step towards achieving all your academic goals. We always deliver the best professional essay writing services as promised. We, therefore, expect all students to work cooperatively with us, as we work towards achieving our goal, your satisfaction. This way, all services will be delivered accurately and on time.Read more