Chapter 12 – Diversity: Approaching Differences
Directions: See Grading Rubric Below and Example Attached, please use the attached file as reference along with the video below.
Each chapter of this book will ask you to write reflectively about the material you have just read. What did I learn? What’s the most valuable thing(s) I learned? What doesn’t work for me? Why doesn’t it work and how can I make it work? This is another way to remember the content of the chapter, so you might try it with your other classes as well.
Work in a Word Processor. Click on ‘Submit Assignment‘ and Copy/paste the questions into the text box. Answer all the questions. Save on your computer before submitting to your instructor. Or, Attach your file to assignment.
Important! Be sure to use quotes/examples from the textbook and reference with page numbers for each question. You may also use the PowerPoint for reference. Please state the slide number. Use PowerPoint reference only occasionally per week and when appropriate. Your main reference source is the textbook. Put your reference numbers in parenthesis. Example: (pg. 10 or slide 11)You may also use web or module video reference which must be underlined.
VIDEOS TO WATCH:
1. Many people today are “pushing” for diversity. Others say, “whatever will be, will be.” Do you think its right to go out of your way to intentionally make friends with someone from another culture? Explain your answer.
2. What role do colleges and universities play in promoting diversity? Give examples.
3. If you walked into a classroom and there were empty seats next to someone from an ethnic group different than your own, would you sit by him or her? Would you initiate a conversation with that person? Explain your answers.
4. An older student arrives to class 10 minutes late each day and explains that she has to feed her child breakfast and drop him off at day care. How do you think the instructor should handle this?
5. A student in a wheelchair is taking notes, but it’s a slow process. Should you offer to help or not? If you offer help, what might be the result? What is the best way to handle this situation?
6. Have you ever had a negative experience with a member or members of a particular ethnic or cultural group? If so, describe it and explain how it might have impacted your attitude toward all members of that group. Is it time to change your attitude? Why or why not?
7. Did you grow up in an environment where you witnessed bias or judgment of a particular group of people? Explain your experiences. Now, imagine that you are defending that group of people to your friends and family. What would you say?
8. What did you learn from watching the videos for chapter 12?
9. Is there anything else on your mind this week that you’d like to share with your instructor? If so, add it to your journal entry.
Journal Grading Rubric
Guidelines for Journal Chapters
Full Points Credit – 50
· Thoroughly and Completely answers each question
· Gives personal thought as to how chapter material applies to you
· States examples from textbook and gives reference page numbers from textbook for each answer
· Explains personal situations as related to the material
Half Points Credit – 49 – 25
· Answers each question with one sentence
· Shows little personal thought as to how chapter material applies to you
· Gives some or no examples from textbook and some or no reference page numbers from textbook
· Has no personal situations as related to the material
Under Half Points Credit -24 – 0
· Does not answer each question
· Use of yes/no answers with out explanation
· Lacks any personal thought about the chapter material
· Does not attempt the assignment
101papers.com is always working towards customer satisfaction. Our professional academic writers always aim at producing comprehensive papers that possess quality and originality at pocket-friendly prices. Students are assured that all their private information is safe with us.
101papers.com provides a system where students can request for money-back in case they cancel the order or in the rare instances of dissatisfaction. The refund policy adheres to the company’s term and conditions on money-back.Read more
While providing the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee all our students of plagiarism-free papers. All papers produced by our professional academic writers are checked against all web resources and previously completed papers to avoid plagiarism.Read more
In our urge to provide the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee students of free revision policy. The free revision policy is a courtesy service where students can request for unlimited for their completed papers. We always aim at achieving 100% customer satisfaction rates. The free revision policy is one among many of our major advantages.Read more
At 101papers.com, every student is entitled to total security. Our professional academic writers are always committed to protecting all private information of our customers. We do not share any personal information with third parties. Additionally, we provide safe systems for all online transactions.Read more
Working with us is the greatest step towards achieving all your academic goals. We always deliver the best professional essay writing services as promised. We, therefore, expect all students to work cooperatively with us, as we work towards achieving our goal, your satisfaction. This way, all services will be delivered accurately and on time.Read more