HR Presentation on Talent Management in a Changing Organization: Part 1
Note: This Assignment consists of three parts. You will complete and submit only Part 1 for this Assignment. Part 2 is due in Week 4 and Part 3 is due in Week 5.
You are an HR analyst for XYZ Corporation, and you have been tasked with the assignment of helping a company through a period of organizational change. Your client, Thoreau Enterprises, recently acquired several other companies in its industry. The organization has gone from being a $1 billion entity to a $15 billion entity as a result of these acquisitions. Though Thoreau Enterprises purchased the others, it was actually the smallest entity of the entire grouping. After meeting with Thoreau Enterprises’ company leadership, your Director, Jacob Wickham, has compiled notes on three main areas that need to be addressed: talent management needs, compensation, and the role of HR to lead change for the new organization. Following is a list of specific concerns that Jacob noted during the initial meeting:
· There are a number of “legacy” employees whose roles in the new organization have changed drastically as a result of the acquisitions. Many employees are unclear whether their jobs are going to be considered redundant or if they are “safe” in the new organizational structure. Rumors are spreading that everyone’s jobs are up for grabs, employees will have to re-interview to keep their jobs, and the severance packages for anyone laid off may not be as great as people are hoping for. Morale is low in this period of uncertainty.
· HR leaders are aware of the need to hire to fill certain functions, and it has come to light that job descriptions do not exist for all levels in the organization.
· In the past, employees were typically hired because they were referred by existing staff. Therefore, contemporary recruiting and hiring methods have not been utilized at Thoreau Enterprises.
· Compensation strategies need to be aligned across the new organization.
· With the merger of so many companies, no cohesive corporate culture has been established, and there are major employee morale issues, as stated above. In fact, the leaders of the new Thoreau Enterprises are unsure of what their company culture should be and need guidance for how HR can help them to establish this and lead them through this period of uncertainty and change.
Your director, Jacob Wickham, has asked you to put together a presentation on talent management, compensation, and the role of HR in helping to manage organizational change. After speaking with the client, Jacob has compiled a list of items that he wants you to cover in this presentation, which should include a title slide, References slide, and speaker notes for each slide that Jacob can use to present your points to the leaders of Thoreau Enterprises.
To prepare for this Assignment:
· Review this week’s Learning Resources
· Read the scenario for this Assignment.
· Refer to the Academic Writing Expectations for 2000/3000-Level Courses as you compose your Assignment.
By Day 7
Submit Part 1 of your presentation, according to the following prompts.
Part 1: Talent Needs (11–17 slides)
· Explain the importance of job analyses and job descriptions to an organization. In your explanation, describe the components of (or steps to develop) an accurate, appropriate job description. (2–3 slides)
· Explain the importance of gap and needs analyses to the hiring process. Provide at least one specific example of their application in an organization. (2–3 slides)
· Choose at least one talent acquisition tool, method, or strategy that Thoreau Enterprises can incorporate, and provide a rationale for your selection. (1–2 slides)
· Choose at least one talent development tool, method, or strategy that Thoreau Enterprises can incorporate, and provide a rationale for your selection. (1–2 slides)
· Choose at least one retention tool, method, or strategy that Thoreau Enterprises can incorporate to retain employees and reduce turnover. Provide a rationale for your selection, including the benefits and potential risks to the organization. (3–4 slides)
· What particular costs associated with employee turnover should Thoreau Enterprises’ leadership consider when making decisions related to retention? Be sure to include financial and nonfinancial “costs” to the organization in your response. (2–3 slides)
Note: Your presentation should adhere to the template provided. It should consist of 11–17 slides, not including a title slide and References slide that includes properly formatted citations for a minimum of two scholarly sources to support the information you presented. You should also include detailed speaker notes to be used as a script for delivering the presentation. Use the Week 3 Assignment Template, provided in this week’s Learning Resources, to complete this Assignment.
101papers.com is always working towards customer satisfaction. Our professional academic writers always aim at producing comprehensive papers that possess quality and originality at pocket-friendly prices. Students are assured that all their private information is safe with us.
101papers.com provides a system where students can request for money-back in case they cancel the order or in the rare instances of dissatisfaction. The refund policy adheres to the company’s term and conditions on money-back.Read more
While providing the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee all our students of plagiarism-free papers. All papers produced by our professional academic writers are checked against all web resources and previously completed papers to avoid plagiarism.Read more
In our urge to provide the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee students of free revision policy. The free revision policy is a courtesy service where students can request for unlimited for their completed papers. We always aim at achieving 100% customer satisfaction rates. The free revision policy is one among many of our major advantages.Read more
At 101papers.com, every student is entitled to total security. Our professional academic writers are always committed to protecting all private information of our customers. We do not share any personal information with third parties. Additionally, we provide safe systems for all online transactions.Read more
Working with us is the greatest step towards achieving all your academic goals. We always deliver the best professional essay writing services as promised. We, therefore, expect all students to work cooperatively with us, as we work towards achieving our goal, your satisfaction. This way, all services will be delivered accurately and on time.Read more