Personal Reflections (*Only include reflections you feel comfortable sharing with the entire class).
1) How were you treated as a young child? Were you treated differently because of your sex or gender? What toys did you have? What were your interests? Were there different rules for you as a boy identifying child or girl identifying child? Were you treated differently than children of another gender identity?
2) Try to imagine if these social constructions weren’t in place. Do you think your interests would have differed? How would your life have been different then and now.
3) Which of the stereotypes and misconceptions in Threshold Concepts about feminism and feminists have you encountered before? Where, and in what context?
4) What surprised you or impressed you most in Adichie’s talk? What in this talk helped you recognize or become aware of an assumption you’ve made?
Part 2: Activity
Ask two people (outside of students enrolled in this course) the following questions:
1) What does feminism mean to you? 2) Are you a feminist? Why or why not?
Ask 2 OTHER people (outside of students enrolled in this course) the following questions:
1) Do you believe in gender equality? 2) Why or why not?
After collecting your responses, reflect on the answers –how are they similar? how are they different? What significance does the wording of the question have? Include your findings in your initial post.
101papers.com is always working towards customer satisfaction. Our professional academic writers always aim at producing comprehensive papers that possess quality and originality at pocket-friendly prices. Students are assured that all their private information is safe with us.
101papers.com provides a system where students can request for money-back in case they cancel the order or in the rare instances of dissatisfaction. The refund policy adheres to the company’s term and conditions on money-back.Read more
While providing the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee all our students of plagiarism-free papers. All papers produced by our professional academic writers are checked against all web resources and previously completed papers to avoid plagiarism.Read more
In our urge to provide the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee students of free revision policy. The free revision policy is a courtesy service where students can request for unlimited for their completed papers. We always aim at achieving 100% customer satisfaction rates. The free revision policy is one among many of our major advantages.Read more
At 101papers.com, every student is entitled to total security. Our professional academic writers are always committed to protecting all private information of our customers. We do not share any personal information with third parties. Additionally, we provide safe systems for all online transactions.Read more
Working with us is the greatest step towards achieving all your academic goals. We always deliver the best professional essay writing services as promised. We, therefore, expect all students to work cooperatively with us, as we work towards achieving our goal, your satisfaction. This way, all services will be delivered accurately and on time.Read more