1. The units of inheritance are
D) metabolic activities.
2. Which of the following includes other levels of hierarchy?
3. The first step in the scientific method is to
A) propose a solution.
B) draw a conclusion.
C) perform an experiment.
D) predict the results of an experiment.
E) identify a problem.
4. Which of the following concepts best describes the wide variety of dog species we observe, ranging from the domesticated golden retriever or the basset hound, to the wild dogs of Africa, to foxes?
A) special creation
D) inheritance of acquired characteristics.
5. The simplest entity that exhibits all of the properties of life is called a(n)
6. Organisms that have descended from the same initial group and have the ability to interbreed belong to the same
7. Which list is organized from smallest to largest level of organization of life?
A) organelles, tissues, cells, organ systems, organs, organisms
B) tissues, cells, organelles, organs, organ systems, organisms
C) organelles, cells, tissues, organs, organ systems, organisms
D) cells, tissues, organ systems, organelles, organs, organisms
E) organisms, organ systems, organs, tissues, cells, organelles
8. Young multicelled organisms usually start out small, then grow in size, and increase in complexity. This process is called:
9. To maintain order within their cells and organs, all living things must
A) be able to move.
B) constantly change.
D) extract energy from sunlight.
E) carry on metabolism.
10. Characteristics usually associated with life include all of the following except:
A) a high degree of organization.
C) lack of change from generation to generation.
D) responsiveness to stimuli.
11. If an ecologist is studying the cycling of carbon through a particular environment (which involves the movement of carbon through living things as well as through rock, air, and water), the scientist is studying at what level of ecology?
12. Scientists have found that ancient fossils
A) are less similar to present-day organisms than more recent fossils.
B) are more similar to present-day organisms than more recent fossils.
C) are very similar to present-day organisms.
D) are just as similar to present-day organisms as more recent fossils.
E) bear no resemblance to present-day organisms.
13. What is the term that describes the study of the relationship between living things and components of their environment?
14. Which of the following is considered to be the most basic living unit?
C) organ system
15. In populations, adaptation usually arises through
C) natural selection.
16. The scientific name for the black-footed ferret is Mustela nigripes. The name Mustela indicates the _____________________ to which the organisms belongs.
17. All the living organisms in a particular area at a particular time make up a
18. Organisms that undergo sexual reproduction
A) require another organism to reproduce.
B) do not require energy to reproduce.
C) produce offspring that are different from each other.
D) produce offspring that are identical to each other and to the parent.
E) are usually very complex.
19. Fungi are classified into which domain?
20. When examining the hierarchy of life, which of the following terms is most inclusive?
101papers.com is always working towards customer satisfaction. Our professional academic writers always aim at producing comprehensive papers that possess quality and originality at pocket-friendly prices. Students are assured that all their private information is safe with us.
101papers.com provides a system where students can request for money-back in case they cancel the order or in the rare instances of dissatisfaction. The refund policy adheres to the company’s term and conditions on money-back.Read more
While providing the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee all our students of plagiarism-free papers. All papers produced by our professional academic writers are checked against all web resources and previously completed papers to avoid plagiarism.Read more
In our urge to provide the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee students of free revision policy. The free revision policy is a courtesy service where students can request for unlimited for their completed papers. We always aim at achieving 100% customer satisfaction rates. The free revision policy is one among many of our major advantages.Read more
At 101papers.com, every student is entitled to total security. Our professional academic writers are always committed to protecting all private information of our customers. We do not share any personal information with third parties. Additionally, we provide safe systems for all online transactions.Read more
Working with us is the greatest step towards achieving all your academic goals. We always deliver the best professional essay writing services as promised. We, therefore, expect all students to work cooperatively with us, as we work towards achieving our goal, your satisfaction. This way, all services will be delivered accurately and on time.Read more