A minimum of 600 words in 12 point type size.
This assignment on Self-Control is based on the lecture on Self-Control and Learning. A well-defined plan is critical in order to change a problem behavior. You need a well-structured plan and strong motivation. Your objective here is to identify one behavior you want to change. Examples of behavioral deficits include: poor study habits, lack of assertiveness, poor time management, poor eating habits, lack of exercise, lack of public speaking skills, lack of appropriate social skills, inability to relax, lack of positive thoughts. Examples of behavioral excesses include: being overweight, smoking cigarettes, substance abuse (for example alcohol abuse), negative thoughts, use of bad language, jealousy, overuse of caffeine, procrastination, too much stress, test anxiety, poor budget management.
After you identify one behavior you want change, your goal is to write out your behavior change plan. Remember to get specific and write out your plan for each step. Your assignment is to copy and paste each of the 7 steps below into your paper. Be sure you answer each of the 7 steps below in your paper. Break your paper into at least 7 paragraphs; do not make it one long paragraph!
1. Set a target behavior that is realistic and measurable.
2. Identify the potential benefits of reaching your target. Also identify the costs of not reaching the target!
3. Set up a daily schedule that utilizes your favorite activities as rewards.
4. Enlist social support from family and friends who – describe how, when, where?
5. Identify the specific obstacles you’re likely to encounter in reaching your target and construct strategies for overcoming them. Remember that the hardest part is minimizing the influence of immediate rewards and maximizing the impact of your rewards.
6. Use tracking (self-monitoring system) to keep you focused; describe what will your tracking system look like? What can you do to make sure you stay on track with your goal?
7. If you slip, keep trying; remember that behavioral change takes time. 4 out of 5 people experience backsliding. It is worth the effort!
101papers.com is always working towards customer satisfaction. Our professional academic writers always aim at producing comprehensive papers that possess quality and originality at pocket-friendly prices. Students are assured that all their private information is safe with us.
101papers.com provides a system where students can request for money-back in case they cancel the order or in the rare instances of dissatisfaction. The refund policy adheres to the company’s term and conditions on money-back.Read more
While providing the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee all our students of plagiarism-free papers. All papers produced by our professional academic writers are checked against all web resources and previously completed papers to avoid plagiarism.Read more
In our urge to provide the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee students of free revision policy. The free revision policy is a courtesy service where students can request for unlimited for their completed papers. We always aim at achieving 100% customer satisfaction rates. The free revision policy is one among many of our major advantages.Read more
At 101papers.com, every student is entitled to total security. Our professional academic writers are always committed to protecting all private information of our customers. We do not share any personal information with third parties. Additionally, we provide safe systems for all online transactions.Read more
Working with us is the greatest step towards achieving all your academic goals. We always deliver the best professional essay writing services as promised. We, therefore, expect all students to work cooperatively with us, as we work towards achieving our goal, your satisfaction. This way, all services will be delivered accurately and on time.Read more