1. Which of the following are not goals of meaningful use (MU)?
A. Improve quality, safety, and efficiency and reduce health disparities.
B. Maintain privacy and security of patient information.
C. Improve care coordination, and population and public health.
D. Disengage family members from patient care.
2. What’s the difference between EHR and EMR?
A. EMR contains only legal documents and forms filled out by the patient and the EHR is the provider progress notes, telephone encounters, lab results, and imaging.
B. EHR is an aggregate of all of the patient’s health record and EMR is an electronic patient record from each physician and hospital.
C. EMR is an aggregate of all of the patient’s health records and EHR is an electronic patient record from each physician and hospital.
D. EHR contains only legal documents and forms filled out by the patient and EMR is the provider progress notes, telephone encounters, lab results, and imaging.
3. Which of the following is an acceptable use of the internet at work?
A. Checking your bank account to ensure your pay check has been directly deposited.
B. Locating contact information for a local dental clinic for a patient.
C. Searching Amazon for a Boss’ Day gift.
D. Facebook messaging another employee on their day off for a patient related issue.
4. What nonprofit industry group and consumer reporting agency maintains a database of medical information exchanged by the life, health, and disability insurers that make up its membership?
B. Electronic Health Organization
C. Medical Systems Care
D. Medical Information Bureau
5. If a patient believes his or her rights have been violated, that patient may file a complaint with
6. How can a new patient be entered into SimChart for the Medical Office (SCMO)?
A. Searching the patient demographics
B. In the billing module
C. In the patient dashboard
D. Using the find patient link
7. Which of the following is not considered legal documents included in the EHR?
A. Do not resuscitate (DNR)
B. HIPAA forms
C. Medical Records Release
8. Medical offices submitting claims electronically are called
A. HIPAA entities.
B. covered claims.
C. covered entities.
D. electronic carriers.
9. Ralph is having a colonoscopy and brings paperwork to excuse him from work with pay. Which of the following protects the information disclosed in this paperwork?
C. Minimum necessary standard
D. Minimal disclosure
10. A patient that’s deceased would be considered
A. empty patient record.
B. inactive patient.
C. closed patient record.
D. deceased patient registry.
11. If a patient requests a log of disclosure of their PHI, each disclosure must include all of the following except
A. the description of enclosed PHI.
B. the name and address of who received the PHI.
C. the date of disclosure.
D. the name of who released the PHI.
12. Which of the following is a basic skill needed in order to operate an EHR?
B. No prior computer skills.
C. Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
D. Minimal interpersonal skills.
13. When accompanying a patient to an exam room, the MA commonly documents the patient’s
A. chief complaint.
B. billing information.
D. plan of treatment.
14. Which of the following is considered a third-party payer?
A. Healthcare Facility
B. Insurance company
D. Patient’s family
15. A/An _______ is the electronic trail that is tied to a username and password in an EHR.
B. security watch
C. network surveillance
D. audit trail
16. Which of the following is not considered advantages of EHR?
A. Decreased efficiency
B. Improved quality and continuity of care
C. Better security
D. Improved documentation
17. Amy signs a/an _______ form to allow test results to be discussed with her husband.
D. record release
18. A list of each employee’s access to the EHR is an example of _______ safeguards.
19. What does the doctrine of professional discretion protect?
A. Patients involved in child protective service cases.
B. Providers involved in malpractice lawsuits.
End of exam
C. Mentally or emotionally ill patients.
D. Elderly patients with dementia living in nursing home facilities.
20. Which of the following is a core objective added to stage two of meaningful use requirements?
A. Use of secure electronic messaging when communicating with patients
B. Provide clinical summaries for patients at each visit
C. Incorporating clinic lab test results into EHR as structure data
D. Documenting smoking and alcohol use
101papers.com is always working towards customer satisfaction. Our professional academic writers always aim at producing comprehensive papers that possess quality and originality at pocket-friendly prices. Students are assured that all their private information is safe with us.
101papers.com provides a system where students can request for money-back in case they cancel the order or in the rare instances of dissatisfaction. The refund policy adheres to the company’s term and conditions on money-back.Read more
While providing the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee all our students of plagiarism-free papers. All papers produced by our professional academic writers are checked against all web resources and previously completed papers to avoid plagiarism.Read more
In our urge to provide the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee students of free revision policy. The free revision policy is a courtesy service where students can request for unlimited for their completed papers. We always aim at achieving 100% customer satisfaction rates. The free revision policy is one among many of our major advantages.Read more
At 101papers.com, every student is entitled to total security. Our professional academic writers are always committed to protecting all private information of our customers. We do not share any personal information with third parties. Additionally, we provide safe systems for all online transactions.Read more
Working with us is the greatest step towards achieving all your academic goals. We always deliver the best professional essay writing services as promised. We, therefore, expect all students to work cooperatively with us, as we work towards achieving our goal, your satisfaction. This way, all services will be delivered accurately and on time.Read more