Module 2 Characteristics of the Hospitality Sector That Impact the Management Of
Module Overview: In this module you will investigate characteristics that impact management of hospitality operations and hospitality operation characteristics that impact success.
Task 2 (6 pages)
Design an infographic or web page that highlights your potential hospitality business. This should show prospective customers and investors what values drive your business and what unique properties it contains that make it stand out from all the others.
1. Watch Hotel Hell, Greece Lightning at http://www.travelchannel.com/tv-shows/hotel-impossible/episodes/greece-lightning and read http://www.mintek.com/blog/eam-cmms/hotel-impossible-litochoro-olympus-resort-villas-spa/
a. What are the operational issues in this hotel?
b. What characteristics exist in the Mount Olympus Resort Villas and Spa that could impact operations and what characteristics of operations could impact success?
2. Investigate values that drive luxury, mid-price, budget, traditional brand, franchise, and independent hotels.
· Visit in person at least five different hotels or other hospitality businesses that represent each of the levels: luxury, mid-price, budget, traditional brand, franchise, and independent hotel. This could also include cruise ships, eco-tourism, glamping enterprises.
· Sit in the lobby, walk around the grounds (may have to get permission), ask to see accommodations, talk to the front desk staff, and the manager finding out all you can about the characteristics of the business that impact operations.
o Ecotourism https://www.ecotourism.org/what-is-ecotourism
o World’s Most Unusual Hotels http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/worlds-most-unusual-hotels
o Unique World Cruises http://www.uniqueworldcruises.com/
3. Investigate these Unique Hospitality Properties from around the World looking for specifics about their style, services, management, operations that set them apart. Investigate their web sites, customer reviews, and if you are close to one, go check it out in person:
· The Grand Pupp, Czech Republic
· Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
· Colonial Gardents Bed & Breakfast, Williamsburg, VA
· Delamore Lodge, Weiheke Island, New Zealand
· The Captain’s Manor Inn, Falmouth, MA
· IceHotel, Jukkajarvi, Sweden
· Nature Observatories, Costa Rica
· Ackergill Tower, Caithness, UK
· Het Kleine Paradijs, Easterein, Netherlands
· Whitepod Hotel, Switzerland
· The Caves Resort, Jamaica
· Hotel de Glace, Canada
· Magic Mountain Lodge, Chile
· Singita Sweni, South Africa
· Poseidon Undersea Resort, Fiji
· The Oberoi, India
· Jade Mountain, St. Lucia
· Katslauttanen Igloo Village, Finland
· Nhow Berlin, Germany
· Amangiri Resort, Utah, USA
· Fairy Chimney Hotel, Turkey
· Atholl Palace Hotel, Scotland
· Barin Ski Resort, Iran
· Koija Star Beds, Kenya
· Jade Screen Hotel, China
· Free Spirit Spheres, Canada
· Quinta Real Zacatecas, Mexico
· Tree House Point, Washington, USA
· Aurora Express, Alaska
· Eco Camp Patagonia, Chile
· Hotel Jested, Czech Repubic
· Hotel Puerta America, Spain
· Katikies Hotel, Santorini, Greece
· Seven Hotel, Paris, France
· Jumbo Stay, Sweden
· FantaSuite Hotel, Minnesota, USA
· Locanda Rosa Rosae Inn, Italsy
· Kasbah Du Toubka Hotel, Morocca
· Saguaro Hotel, California
· Wanderlust Hotel, Singapore
· Buqshan Hotel, Yemen
· Taj Lake Palace, India
· Adrere Amellal Ecolodge, Egypt
· Grotta Palazzese Hotel, Italy
· Yankee Ferry, New Jersey, USA
· Hotel Marques de Riscal, Spain
· Burj Al Arab, Dubai
· Cocoa Island Hotel, Maldives
· El Cosmico Hotel, Texas
· Hang Nga Guesthouse, Vietnam
· Palacio de Sal, Bolivia
· Jules Undersea Lodge, Florida, USA
· Earthship Biotecture, New Mexico, USA
· La Balade des Gnomes, Belgium
· Utter Inn, Sweden
· Hotel Sidi Driss, Tunisia
· Golden Nugget, Las Vegas, USA
· La Rosa Campsite Extraordinaire, UK
4. Sustainability http://www.4hoteliers.com/features/article/6618 and Why Go Green com/Gyh-The-Business-Case-For-Sustainability.php”>http://green.hotelscombined.com/Gyh-The-Business-Case-For-Sustainability.php
a. What is sustainability in the hospitality industry?
b. What is the history of sustainability?
c. What current trends are emerging in sustainability in hospitality?
d. What are some examples of hospitality businesses that exemplify sustainability and green business?
Line Spacing: Double (Standard)
Font Face: Times New Roman
Highlights of potential business
Designs a creative web page that highlights the chosen potential hospitality business. This clearly shows prospective customers and investors what values drive the business and what unique properties it contains that make it stand out from all the others. The web site is creative, clear, and easily accessible.
Designs an infographic that highlights the potential hospitality business. This clearly shows prospective customers and investors what values drive the business and what unique properties it contains that make it stand out from all the others. The infographic is creative and informative and accessible.
Design a graphic or written description that highlights the potential hospitality business. This briefly shows prospective customers and investors what values drive the business and/or what unique properties it contains that make it stand out from all the others.
Does not complete any graphic or written description of the business or it is illogical.
101papers.com is always working towards customer satisfaction. Our professional academic writers always aim at producing comprehensive papers that possess quality and originality at pocket-friendly prices. Students are assured that all their private information is safe with us.
101papers.com provides a system where students can request for money-back in case they cancel the order or in the rare instances of dissatisfaction. The refund policy adheres to the company’s term and conditions on money-back.Read more
While providing the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee all our students of plagiarism-free papers. All papers produced by our professional academic writers are checked against all web resources and previously completed papers to avoid plagiarism.Read more
In our urge to provide the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee students of free revision policy. The free revision policy is a courtesy service where students can request for unlimited for their completed papers. We always aim at achieving 100% customer satisfaction rates. The free revision policy is one among many of our major advantages.Read more
At 101papers.com, every student is entitled to total security. Our professional academic writers are always committed to protecting all private information of our customers. We do not share any personal information with third parties. Additionally, we provide safe systems for all online transactions.Read more
Working with us is the greatest step towards achieving all your academic goals. We always deliver the best professional essay writing services as promised. We, therefore, expect all students to work cooperatively with us, as we work towards achieving our goal, your satisfaction. This way, all services will be delivered accurately and on time.Read more