PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES AND QUESTIONS CAREFULLY AS MY INSTRUCTOR WROTE ME A NOTE ABOUT NOT FOLLOWING HIS DIRECTIONS AND NOT RESPONDING TO QUESTIONS (ANSWERS NOT ON THE TOPIC).
After reading “Daddy” by Sylvia Plath, answer the following questions:
1. Does the poem exhibit the speaker’s love for her father or her hatred of him? Explain.
2. What type of man does the speaker marry (see lines 61 – 70)?
3. How does the speaker characterize her husband and her father in the last two stanzas? Might the “Daddy” of the last line of the poem refer to something more than the speaker’s father? Explain.
4. What emotional associations does the title “Daddy” possess? Are those associations reinforced or contradicted by the poem?
5. This poem certainly speaks to the topic of love; the poet’s “love” for her father and her very different “love” for her husband. This poem also speaks to the topic of alienation in that it is clear that Plath is completely alienated from the individuals discussed in the poem, as well as from herself and from life. Discuss the topics of love and alienation in this poem.
6. Do you like this poem? Why, or why not?
Your initial post should be a mini-essay that explains your view in depth. Provide sufficient support from the texts to build a convincing argument. Your reply should be substantial and should attempt to build on the original post in a constructive, meaningful way. Simple replies like “good job” or “I agree” are not sufficient.
101papers.com is always working towards customer satisfaction. Our professional academic writers always aim at producing comprehensive papers that possess quality and originality at pocket-friendly prices. Students are assured that all their private information is safe with us.
101papers.com provides a system where students can request for money-back in case they cancel the order or in the rare instances of dissatisfaction. The refund policy adheres to the company’s term and conditions on money-back.Read more
While providing the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee all our students of plagiarism-free papers. All papers produced by our professional academic writers are checked against all web resources and previously completed papers to avoid plagiarism.Read more
In our urge to provide the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee students of free revision policy. The free revision policy is a courtesy service where students can request for unlimited for their completed papers. We always aim at achieving 100% customer satisfaction rates. The free revision policy is one among many of our major advantages.Read more
At 101papers.com, every student is entitled to total security. Our professional academic writers are always committed to protecting all private information of our customers. We do not share any personal information with third parties. Additionally, we provide safe systems for all online transactions.Read more
Working with us is the greatest step towards achieving all your academic goals. We always deliver the best professional essay writing services as promised. We, therefore, expect all students to work cooperatively with us, as we work towards achieving our goal, your satisfaction. This way, all services will be delivered accurately and on time.Read more