Question: Ribosomes found in bacterial cells consist of two subunits, a small subunit (30S) and a large subunit (50S). “S” stands for Svedberg units, which indicated the relative sedimentation rate in a centrifuge for a particle of a given size and shape. The small ribosomal subunit consists of a single 16S rRNA molecule plus 21 proteins (chains of amino acids), while the large ribosomal subunit consists of two rRNA molecules (23S and 5S) plus 34 proteins (chains of amino acids).
1. Make a diagram of a bacterial chromosome (genome) and label on it the places where the genes are for all of the rRNA molecules and prteins that are used to build a bacterial ribosome.
2. Add to the diagram ALL of the RNA molecules that will be transcribed from these genes. Indicate a single RNA transcript from each gene
3. Add to the diagram ALL of the protein molecules that will be translated from the RNA molecules. Indicate a single protein from each translated RNA.
4. Indicate on the diagram how the RNA molecules and proteins come together to form the functional small and large ribosomal subunits in a bacterial cell.
5. Last, how does ribosome assembly differ in eukaryotes?
Im really confused on what to do here. I know that I need to label a genome with 30S, 50S, 16S rRNA with 21 proteins, 23S, 5S and 34 proteins. What Im stuck on is what a bacterial chromosome looks like and how to locate these molecules and proteins on the genome.
101papers.com is always working towards customer satisfaction. Our professional academic writers always aim at producing comprehensive papers that possess quality and originality at pocket-friendly prices. Students are assured that all their private information is safe with us.
101papers.com provides a system where students can request for money-back in case they cancel the order or in the rare instances of dissatisfaction. The refund policy adheres to the company’s term and conditions on money-back.Read more
While providing the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee all our students of plagiarism-free papers. All papers produced by our professional academic writers are checked against all web resources and previously completed papers to avoid plagiarism.Read more
In our urge to provide the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee students of free revision policy. The free revision policy is a courtesy service where students can request for unlimited for their completed papers. We always aim at achieving 100% customer satisfaction rates. The free revision policy is one among many of our major advantages.Read more
At 101papers.com, every student is entitled to total security. Our professional academic writers are always committed to protecting all private information of our customers. We do not share any personal information with third parties. Additionally, we provide safe systems for all online transactions.Read more
Working with us is the greatest step towards achieving all your academic goals. We always deliver the best professional essay writing services as promised. We, therefore, expect all students to work cooperatively with us, as we work towards achieving our goal, your satisfaction. This way, all services will be delivered accurately and on time.Read more