By submitting this assignment for credit, you are affirming that you have completed the answers yourself to the best of your ability, that you have used your own words to answer the questions and have not engaged in any acts of academic dishonesty to answer the questions below. Acts of academic dishonesty include submitting these questions to any online website or service in order to obtain the answers as well as obtaining the help of any other individual for the purpose of answering the questions.
Experiment 1: Following Chromosomal DNA Movement through Meiosis
Part 1 – Meiotic Division Bead Pictures without Crossing Over – You must provide pictures of your bead manipulations at each stage.
Part 2: Meiotic Division Beads Diagram with Crossing Over – You must provide pictures of your bead manipulations at each stage.
1. Were any of your daughter cells genetically identical at the end of Part I above? What about Part II? What does this tell you about the importance of crossing over?
2. What must occur during interphase for meiosis to be successful?
3. When does the diploid number become haploid during meiosis?
4. Why did you use non-sister chromatids to demonstrate crossing over?
5. What combinations of alleles could result from a crossover between a chromosome having genes BD and a chromosome having genes bd?
6. Blue whales have 44 chromosomes in every cell. Determine how many chromosomes you would expect to find in the following:
Daughter Cell from Meiosis I:
Daughter Cell from Meiosis II:
7. What is the difference between a chromosomal mutation and a gene mutation?
Experiment 2: The Importance of Cell Cycle Control
Data – Enter your karyotype abnormalities below. Explain the abnormality in terms of chromosome number and structure. Do not post pictures of the karyotypes themselves.
1. What is your hypothesis as to what differences you might observe when comparing the karyotypes of human cells which experience normal cell cycle control versus cancerous cells (which experience abnormal, or a lack of, cell cycle control)?
2. Did your results confirm or disprove your hypothesis? Why or why not? Be specific!
3. Suppose a person developed a mutation in a skin cell which results in cancer, but the cancer was effectively treated with a cocktail of cancer-fighting techniques. Is it possible for this person’s offspring to inherit this cancer-causing mutation? Why or why not? Be specific!
101papers.com is always working towards customer satisfaction. Our professional academic writers always aim at producing comprehensive papers that possess quality and originality at pocket-friendly prices. Students are assured that all their private information is safe with us.
101papers.com provides a system where students can request for money-back in case they cancel the order or in the rare instances of dissatisfaction. The refund policy adheres to the company’s term and conditions on money-back.Read more
While providing the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee all our students of plagiarism-free papers. All papers produced by our professional academic writers are checked against all web resources and previously completed papers to avoid plagiarism.Read more
In our urge to provide the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee students of free revision policy. The free revision policy is a courtesy service where students can request for unlimited for their completed papers. We always aim at achieving 100% customer satisfaction rates. The free revision policy is one among many of our major advantages.Read more
At 101papers.com, every student is entitled to total security. Our professional academic writers are always committed to protecting all private information of our customers. We do not share any personal information with third parties. Additionally, we provide safe systems for all online transactions.Read more
Working with us is the greatest step towards achieving all your academic goals. We always deliver the best professional essay writing services as promised. We, therefore, expect all students to work cooperatively with us, as we work towards achieving our goal, your satisfaction. This way, all services will be delivered accurately and on time.Read more