1. In general, the canción mexicana consists of very syncopated rhythms. (T/F)
2. The canción mexicana is an umbrella term, which includes many song forms. (T/F)
3. The canción mexicana does not focus on lyric content. (T/F)
4. A son is a canción. (T/F)
5. One of the earliest composers of canciones tradicionales is
(A) David Zaizar (b) Rubén Fuentes (c) Manuel M. Ponce
6. ______ was a famous composer of canciones tradicionales.
7. The corrido and the canción tradicional are very similar song forms, (T/F)
8. The canción tradicional pre-dates the
(a) son (b) corrido (c) canción ranchera
9. The term, canción rancher,a is synonymous with mariachi music. (T/F)
10. The most famous composer of canciónes rancheras is
(a) Agustín Lara (b) José Alfredo Jiménez (c) Cuco Sánchez
11. _______is a well-known ranchero vocalist.
(a) Tomás Mendez (b) “Flaco” Jiménez (c) Pedro Infante
12. Lola Beltrán is the most famous female interpreter of the canción ranchera. (T/F)
13. Ernesto Cortazar and_________wrote many canciones nacionalistas.
(a) Manuel Esperón (b) Alfredo Gil (c) Agustín Lara
14. Jorge Negrete was not a performer of canciones nacionalistas. (T/F)
15. Machismo is a common theme found in the canción nacionalista. (T/F)
16. Many canciones nacionalistas were written primarily for the film character portrayed by
(a) Pedro Infante (b) Miguel Aceves Mejía (c) Jorge Negrete
17. The corrido originates in Spain. (T/F)
18. Corridos are songs with a rigid verse structure. (T/F)
19. Corridos are strictly performed by bandas and norteño groups. (T/F)
20. Corridos tend to focus primarily on themes related to the Mexican Revolution and drugs.(T/F)
21. Short falsetes tend to be standard in the stylized huapango. (T/F)
22. The single most important feature of a stylized huapango is the
(a) apagón (b) falsete (b) tempo
23. David Zaizar wrote many huapangos. (T/F)
24. Miguel Aceves Mejía and_____are famous interpreters of huapangos.
(a) Javier Solís (b) Rubén Fuentes (c) David Zaizar
25. The bolero is originally from Mexico. (T/F)
26. Boleros always tend to be
(a) joyous (b) romantic (d) up-beat
27. Alfredo Gíl invented the
(a) Mexican guitar (b) requinto romántico (c) bolero
28. Agustín Lara is the most famous bolero composer. (T/F)
29. The conjunto norteño originated in Germany. (T/F)
30. The accordion and the trombone typically form part of a norteño ensemble. (T/F)
31. A corrido is, in fact, a norteño song. (T/F)
32. “Flaco” Jiménez plays the
(a) accordion (b) bajo sexto (c) tololoche
33. The_____is the bass instrument of the banda sinaloense.
(a) tololoche (b) charcheta (c) tuba
34. Originally, bandas featured lead vocalists. (T/F)
35. _______Lizárraga is the founder of La Banda El Recodo.
(a) Germán (b) Cruz (c) Juan
(a) Los Vendidos (b) Zoot Suit (c) Los Pachucos (d) Bowl of Beings
(a) Luis Valdez (b) Herbert Siguenza (c) Daniel Valdez
This assignment is seperated into two defferent topics of Chicana Studies
the first 35 questions are about Regional Music of Mexico, and the next number of questions are about Chicana/o and the Arts.
PLEASE HELP ME ASAP!!
101papers.com is always working towards customer satisfaction. Our professional academic writers always aim at producing comprehensive papers that possess quality and originality at pocket-friendly prices. Students are assured that all their private information is safe with us.
101papers.com provides a system where students can request for money-back in case they cancel the order or in the rare instances of dissatisfaction. The refund policy adheres to the company’s term and conditions on money-back.Read more
While providing the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee all our students of plagiarism-free papers. All papers produced by our professional academic writers are checked against all web resources and previously completed papers to avoid plagiarism.Read more
In our urge to provide the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee students of free revision policy. The free revision policy is a courtesy service where students can request for unlimited for their completed papers. We always aim at achieving 100% customer satisfaction rates. The free revision policy is one among many of our major advantages.Read more
At 101papers.com, every student is entitled to total security. Our professional academic writers are always committed to protecting all private information of our customers. We do not share any personal information with third parties. Additionally, we provide safe systems for all online transactions.Read more
Working with us is the greatest step towards achieving all your academic goals. We always deliver the best professional essay writing services as promised. We, therefore, expect all students to work cooperatively with us, as we work towards achieving our goal, your satisfaction. This way, all services will be delivered accurately and on time.Read more