BUS109 MAJOR MARKETING ASSIGNMENT
An Australian industry and marketing situation analysis.
The major assignment will be done in groups of four or five students. The major assignment requires a written business report of no more than 2500 words, (marking will cease once 2500 words have been reached).
This trimester we will examine the following Australian industries:
§ Fast Food Industry
§ Soft Drink Industry
§ Confectionary Industry
§ Airline Industry
§ Fashion Industry
There are four sections of this report.
1. Provide a brief situation analysis of the industry background including size, growth and structure, and identify the major competitors and their market shares.
2. Research the marketing macro environment and the forces that shape it in the industry selected. Make sure you focus on the industry in Australia only and consider each macro-environment factor. You will need to examine each macro factor and identify the opportunities and threats it presents to marketers.
3. Once you have an understanding of the marketing factors impacting on the particular industry, you will need to go to analyse the way in which the market has been segmented. Clearly define how and why segmentation has been applied to your selected industry. Provide examples of the different segments and their target markets. In other words develop a profile of the target markets. This section can be completed in table format (note: anything in table format does not contribute to your word count).
4. Take two product items, each from a different product segment that were identified in the previous section and consider ONE of the associated target markets for each item. Identify and explain the marketing strategies employed by manufacturers and retailer to encourage purchase of the two products by the associated marketing mix (basically detail the marketing mix of the two products). To do this effectively, you need to consider the entire marketing mix, compare and contrast how the marketing mix differs for the 2 different products and provide evidence such as in-store photographs, promotional material etc.
Your assignment should provide evidence of significant research and preparation. Marketing texts will provide you wish a good basis for the theory, whilst industry reports, newspapers, magazines and company websites will provide you with specific examples.
This assignment is to be completed as a professional business report. Details of this are in the Unit Outline and further details will be given in class.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
§ This is a summary of the industry (essentially a situation analysis )
§ Is the industry growing, getting more profitable?
§ Graphs, tables should be used here and then they must be explained
§ Who are the major competitors and what are their major strengths and weaknesses
1.1 Industry size and growth
1.2 Industry structure
1.3 Major competitors
2. Macro-environment (A TOTAL of four maco-environmental factors have to be discussed)
Here you have been asked to examine the macro factors that impact on the industry and to identify the major opportunities and threats. Not all factors will impact equally but you are expected to briefly discuss each factor.
2.7 Opportunities and threats
Once you have developed an understanding of the marketing factors impacting on your industry, you will need to consider four different ways marketers could segment the market. These will be from the segmentation dimensions theory presented in lectures. Consider as many dimensions as possible to:
a) Describe the segments and
b) Describe the target markets
3.2 Segmentation method 2 (Include rationale of the theory)
3.2 Segmentation method 3 (Include rationale of the theory)
3.4 Segmentation method 4 (Include rationale of the theory)
3.5 Description of target markets (Include rationale of the theory)
Hint a perceptual graph is a good start here. (Remember, the dimensions are not always quality and price)
4. Marketing Strategies
Here you are asked to describe and consider the marketing mix of two products that compete within the industry. The strategies need to be explained with theory. Do you agree with the marketing mix strategies used?
4.1 Product A
4.2 Repeat for Product B
4.3 Do you agree with these strategies and why
You need to construct a brief conclusion highlighting the major findings from your research and report.
A bibliography needs to be constructed and all references cited in the report must be listed here.
101papers.com is always working towards customer satisfaction. Our professional academic writers always aim at producing comprehensive papers that possess quality and originality at pocket-friendly prices. Students are assured that all their private information is safe with us.
101papers.com provides a system where students can request for money-back in case they cancel the order or in the rare instances of dissatisfaction. The refund policy adheres to the company’s term and conditions on money-back.Read more
While providing the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee all our students of plagiarism-free papers. All papers produced by our professional academic writers are checked against all web resources and previously completed papers to avoid plagiarism.Read more
In our urge to provide the best professional essay writing services, we guarantee students of free revision policy. The free revision policy is a courtesy service where students can request for unlimited for their completed papers. We always aim at achieving 100% customer satisfaction rates. The free revision policy is one among many of our major advantages.Read more
At 101papers.com, every student is entitled to total security. Our professional academic writers are always committed to protecting all private information of our customers. We do not share any personal information with third parties. Additionally, we provide safe systems for all online transactions.Read more
Working with us is the greatest step towards achieving all your academic goals. We always deliver the best professional essay writing services as promised. We, therefore, expect all students to work cooperatively with us, as we work towards achieving our goal, your satisfaction. This way, all services will be delivered accurately and on time.Read more