1) What is the binomial system of nomenclature? Who developed this system? Is the name Escherichia coli written correctly?
2) Read the section on Ernst Mayr’s biological species concept discussed on page 275. Then use the information in the following sections to describe prezygotic barriers and postzygotic barriers. Please include three examples of each type of barrier.
3) Define allopatric, sympatric, and parapatric speciation.
4) Contrast gradualism and punctuated equilibrium. What is adaptive radiation?
5) What is the background extinction rate? What is a mass extinction? How many mass extinctions have occurred on this planet? Are we in one now?
6) What is a cladogram? How are the common ancestors represented? Define monophyletic, paraphyletic, and polyphyletic cladograms. Which one best represents the principle of parsimony?
7) Discuss the origin of the membrane bound cell. Which cell type came first, prokaryote or eukaryote? Which of these two cell types is the most complex? Briefly discuss how this complexity came to be (you can discuss endosymbiosis, cooperation, etc).
8) How did Cyanobacteria influence the Earth’s atmosphere to make it habitable to larger life forms?
9) About how soon after Earth formed did life first appear, according to fossil evidence? How much longer did it take multicellular organisms to colonize land?
10) Use the internet to learn about National Geographic’s Genographic Project. What are the main objectives and components of the project, and how are researchers using the information they gather to learn more about human evolution?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more